The Affordable Care Act is the law and employers must comply
Compliance with the constantly changing environment of health care reform has become a challenge for employers. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) law is complicated due to the many new regulations and guidelines being produced by the HHS, DOL, EBSA, IRS and other agencies.
Ignoring the Affordable Care Act can be Costly!!
If you have 50 or more employees, the penalties under the ACA will apply to you. It is predicted that between 2015-2019 employer paid penalties can exceed $33 billion dollars. By 2019, this will equate to approximately $1,000 for each of the almost 6 million workers employed by large employers who either ignore the new regulations or simply choose to pay the penalties.
Even if you don’t have 50 employees, you still will have to comply with parts of the law. For example, you must provide an Exchange Notice to all your employees regardless of whether you offer health insurance or not. If you don’t offer health insurance, we can help you provide information to your employees to help them investigate what the Affordable Care Act can do for them.
Let BCL Systems, Inc. Assist you in Complying with the many aspects of the Affordable Care Act:
- Employee Communications, including statutory Exchange Option Employee Communication and customized Training Webinars for employees and staff as well as any other required notifications under ACA
- Eligibility Tracking, including keeping track of hours paid as well as audits to ensure you are meeting the affordability requirements
- Variable Hour Employee Tracking and Reporting
- Additional reporting, as the regulations are finalized we will be there to assist you with the any new reporting requirements
- Coordination with Health Insurance Marketplaces (State Exchanges), we can deal with the exchanges regarding eligibility verification and health plan enrollment as well as assist employers in challenging assessed penalties by the IRS
- ACAHelper.com website that contains information to help employers and employees understand the Affordable Care Act
- ACA Help Desk function where employees or your staff can call or email to get their questions answered
As the landscape of employer sponsored health plans changes, you can look to BCL Systems, Inc. to work with you to customize the best solutions for you and your employees. Contact us today to find out what we can do to help you avoid the costly penalties under this new law.